Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Bureau is Complete..

I know I said Monday but that wasn't a very accurate guess on my part.  I hate when people call themselves perfectionists because it sounds ridiculous, as if they are capable of perfection.  I would say I am more of a finicky weirdo.  Having admitted that, you might be able to imagine how long it took me to pick out and decide on knobs, choose paint, actually do the painting, sand, repaint, have Josh sand, assemble, line the drawers with wood grain paper, and position.  To be called frugal is a cherished compliment so I will tell you this with boastfulness in my fingers, the dresser was $9 at the new Puyallup Goodwill, the knobs $34 at Anthropologie, paint $8, and contact paper $6.  A grand total of $57.  Since I am in the mood for confession I will say that the original price tag on the dresser, being from the early 1900s, was marked at $40.  I found that to be outlandish, so I did what any self respecting Goodwill shopper would do and asked the local furniture associate how much it was.  She knowingly said $9 of course.  Apparently she wasn't working when the dresser was tagged.  I feel a bit better having confessed.  I am also eating ice cream from the carton right now.  I am not going to brush my hair before I go to bed even though I just got out of the shower.  I listened to the same Deer Tick song like 13 times in a row today ("Art Isn't Real").    I bought a Dirt Devil this afternoon because my cleaning/lint/dust obsession is turning out to be quite bizarre (hopefully gestational).  Now all I have to do is finish the rest of the room with a little help, SARAH!


Lindsey Lamaze. 



3 comments:

  1. Very cute! What, no Classic Pooh bed set : P !

    It's crazy how expensive furniture at Goodwill is! I also find it funny when I buy clothes for the kids, the stuff from Wal Mart is always priced more than the stuff from the Gap or Old Navy...go figure : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dresser and rug! I can already tell Sailor's gonna have good taste.

    ReplyDelete