Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dancing the jig.

Last night was one of our most memorable nights so far. Lindsey put it best, it was one of those moments that you look around and wonder where you are, how you got there and if it was even real. The old guy Tom that we are renting the house from is a old time Irish musician, he plays that weird little round drum that you play with a little stick, i’m not sure what it’s called. His good friend Charlie Piggott lives right next door and he is a very famous musician in Ireland, he plays the accordion, the spoons, concertina, the tin pipe, guitar, mandolin, everything. They invited their whole family over and three of their friends. It was amazing, we drank wine and they all gathered around and played music in our house for about 4 hours straight. Two accordion players, one bag pipe player, Charlie playing the spoons, Tom’s 14 year old granddaughter played a thing called the concertina, it was kind of like a mini accordion, Tom and this lady from Guatemala? showed us Irish dancing. It was pretty amazing. Charlie had a Ph.D. in chemical research and like I said is famous all over Ireland for traditional Irish music, him, Tom, and the bag pipe player Eugene have traveled the world playing music. We were pretty lucky to meet these people. It was fun.
Today we are heading up to a town called Sligo. It is the town where Lindsey lived in the Markree castle for 6 months. We are all excited to see it. Lindsey and Charlene are going to go to some spa and me and Dustin are going to try to go trout fishing or something. Supposedly Ireland has some of the best trout fishing in Europe. I am sure i’ll catch the biggest and most, goes without saying.
Sorry about the writing, I feel like I have about a 5th grade education when I reread these posts. I need to practice up on my writing. I saw the Huskies are kicking ass. Whoo. Is Griffey still able to walk? I figured he would be hurt by the time I got back? Adios, amigos.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish I could be there. It sounds so fun! So did y'all spend the night at the castle or did you just go for a few hours? I can't wait to see all of your pictures and hear your stories! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete