Monday, March 9, 2009

No Love..

Either everyone is just reading and not commenting or nobody loves us.  Our blog may have to fizzle and die. 

We are in Galway today and we spent the weekend in Sligo. We went out to Strandhill and my mom and I had seaweed baths.  They fill up these giant vintage tubs and put a bucket of seaweed in them and you soak for 50 minutes in between 5 minute sessions in the steam shower. The seaweed feels like aloe very gel and I soaked my hair in it.  Believe it or not they tell you not to rinse off afterward sot that the seaweed can soak into your skin, I followed orders and smelled like sushi for the rest of the day.  Strandhill is the surfing capital of Ireland and Woody Haraldson is known to frequent one of the local pubs right on the Beach, I guess he has a house there. 

On the way home we picked up our Fiat at Knock airport and Josh's driving skills are impressive.  I have yet to try my left hand at shifting.  I will let you know when I do.  The roads are about half the width of ours and we often feel like our mirrors are going to get popped off when we pass oncoming traffic. Roundabouts are a whole different story and I catch myself with my eyes closed when we are going through them. 

We are starting to become locals at one little bohemian place in Gort called the Gallery Cafe, we will probably go there again tomorrow because they show movies on tuesday nights.  It sort of reminds me of the Joe Bar in Capitol Hill.  Ally you know that place, they have a bit more food though and more hippies. 

We might head to Cork tomorrow or the next day, until then I hope you are all doing well at home and we miss you. 

Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blogs! I'm just so depressed that I didn't take your moms advice and jet on over that I could tear my hair out! It sounds like such an amazing trip! Banjo says hello and she misses y'all! It has snowed here all day!!! I'm so sick of it! Anyway, keep posting! Love, Lolo P.S. We took Keegan to church Sunday and he was getting INTO the music. The spirit was moving him! It was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also reading all your blogs...Don't Stop!! Every blog is like a little vacation away from my normal day to day life! I love it and I wish I was there. I'm glad you guys are having such a good time. Plus you'll want all these blogs to save and look back at sometime down the road. I think about you guys all the time. Be safe!!

    Love SARAH

    P.S. Lindsey you know Im biting my nails in anticipation to hear about the haunted castle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom tells me that Woody likes to get behind the bar and pulls pints at The Strand! Love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete