Monday, March 2, 2009

Exploring Ireland

Hello if anyone is out there reading. Me, Lindsey, Dustin, and Charlene made it to Ireland! It is beautiful and has been pretty much sunny since we've been here. Me and Lindsey took the train from Galway to Dublin it took about 3 hours. We all wandered around Galway. It was really cool, a college town kind of. We have a cottage in a town called Gort. It is out in the country. There are horses and a dog. The guy who owns the place is named Tom he comes by every morning and has coffee. He is the most stereotypical Irish guy you have ever seen. Derby cap, rotten teeth, can't understand him hardly, very nice. Him and his friends are supposedly famous Irish musicians. Him and his buddies are coming to the house on friday to give us a show, should be good. Today we went to this place called the cliffs of Moher. They are about 1500 feet straight down to the Atlantic ocean. I jumped over the fence and looked straight down, it was rad. I have had 4 Guinness' today, i'm already kind of tired of them. Haven't gotten into the whiskey yet jake, connie juhl. But don't you worry, i'll show these pot o gold chasin' leprechaun lovin' Irish how to drink. It is pretty cool here, exactly like I pictured in my head. Well I am going to get back to my Guinness. Love you all, miss you. Check back for updates. Comment please. I want to hear from home.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you guys made it their safely. Looks awesome. Great pics. You should probably figure out a way to record the free private Irish folk music fesitval and put it on bit torrent. That sounds amazing. Totally worth the trip in and of itself. Do us proud Josh and show them how American lads can handle their whiskey too. I got this business bookmarked, keep up the updates. Nothing to report from Portland...for me at least...the sun came out for like two minutes earlier....um, that's all, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, y'all make me wish I was there. I hope you take tons of pics. Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you two! I wish I was there with y'all. Josh, Charlene told me she about had a heart attack when you went over the fence! I know this is such a mom thing to say but please be careful! I'll be checking on here everyday for some news (and to make sure your alive!) Love y'all and have fun...careful fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, mind you after he went over the fence he dropped his camera lens three times!!! We are keeping an eye on the clumsy poop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Josh - Sounds like you are having an amazing time in Ireland. Have you made it to Slain Castle? U2 puts on an amazing concert every albu there...I wish I could be there to have a Guinness or four...hope you are well...tell lindsey hello...

    Loran

    ReplyDelete